Buzz. Beep and bloop. We’re high on the lo-fi sounds of “old-school” games, toys and terminals and the Mainframe Bit Crusher takes us back in time to when Pac Man and Donkey Kong ruled the arcades, to when the Commodore 64 was high tech.
It provides sample rate reduction ranging from 48kHz to 110Hz. A little background… the sample rate is the number of times per second that a sample or snapshot of an analog signal is taken. For example, CDs (remember them?) had a sample rate of 44.1kHz which means that the original analog signal is sampled 44,100 times per second.
• Sample Rate Reduction ranging from 48kHz to 110Hz
• Bit Depth Reduction ranging from 24-bit to 1-bit
• Selectable High/Low/Band-Pass filter to shape the artifacts of the bit crushing and sample rate reduction
• Sample Rate Tuning Mode allows you to set the sample rate to match the key of a song, or continually adjust the sample rate based on what you play on your instrument
• Programmable preset or expression pedal setting allows you to save your sound or control any combination of the Mainframe’s knobs with an external expression pedal
• Secondary knob parameters allow you to fine-tune the Mainframe’s effect
• High quality buffered bypass and silent switching